Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Fund Raising for Taline

I received the following in an email from Taline recently. I contributed to her effort in 2007 and did so again this year.
On April 21st I'll be running my second Boston Marathon!! Despite the injuries and challenges I faced during my training last year, I'm testing my mental and physical boundaries once more and also trying to beat my 2007 finish time.

Last year with the help of my friends and family I was able to raise $6200 for the Daniel Marr Boys and Girls Club of Dorchester, and this year they have awarded me a number again as I have committed to raising $5000 for their organization.

The Colonel Daniel Marr Boys & Girls Club of Dorchester is a safe haven where children can participate in over one hundred different programs in art, music, sports, education, peer leadership, and life skills. I hope you will consider sponsoring me and supporting my fund raising efforts with your tax-deductible donation. Online donations can be made through my secure page

Thank you in advance for your support as it was, and continues to be, the guidance and encouragement of those around me that motivates me to try my hardest and do my best in all facets of my life. Thanks, Taline
Good luck, Taline!