Tuesday, July 12, 2005

The hardest thing

Good hill workout tonight. I feel a little guilty in that I did not push as hard as I normally would. I have the first of the track meets tomorrow night. My first crack at the 400. But a good workout overall and good conversation with the smaller than normal group.

At one point in the warm down run, one of my running poems crafted many years ago came up out of the depths of the archives. I found it cool to have come up from memory so quickly like that. Well, I'll admit that I had been thinking of it off and on and had even gone looking for a written copy of it but I was unsuccessful in that effort which may have got the mind to working its wonders.

While I still remember it:
The hardest thing
is the getting up
out of
the soft easy chair

walking to the hall
to reach for my
shirt and shorts

once that far
yesterday's lingering sweat
takes over



Any day you can run is a good day, enjoy it!