Saturday, July 23, 2005

Quick recap

Let's see, where did I leave off?

The first 400 at the meet on Wednesday 7/13 was a 65.8. Even though I had taken it easy the night before, it was not enough. My legs just did not have it. I will need to adjust for the next time.

The second "pub run" was a good one. I ran relatively even splits (7:20, 7:30, 7:20) and ran 23:12 for the 5K.

I ran twice during my visit to Chicagoland on the weekend of 7/15-7/18. We had a nice walk in the Morain Hills park and almost went back to run some of the loops. Instead I stayed closer to my brother's house and ran through the Cuba Meadows Preserve. It was about 90 and humid so I decided to follow Falstaff's advice (discretion is the better part of valor) and limited my runs to about 4-5 miles both days.

It was still humid on Tuesday for the hill workout and while I participated, I only did the warm up/warm down loops to meet with the group.

The prep for Wednesday's meet was for naught as the event schedule changed, and even though the 400 was advertised for the six week series, it was to happen on this night. Oh well, not the end of the world. Thursday was a good track workout. I might end up missing the next meet so I'll just have more time to prepare for the next time.

End of recap....