Thursday, August 11, 2005

Two down - two to go

Ran the 200 M at the meet last night, apparently it was not the week for the 400 M. I elected to run the 200 as I had not been able to get a good split in previous workouts. Good split being able to break 30 for the 200. If I can break 30, then I feel confident I can get close to 60 for 400.

It was warm. The humidity in New England this summer has been about as bad I recall. It makes it easier to warm up (takes less time) but makes it harder to run well.

I was pleased with my 28.9 time. That was okay! Not great, I would have been happier to go faster but this works. So next week is the final meet. Here's hoping for better weather.

Tonight was the Pub Run 5K. The car temp gauge said it was 96. It was humid at 7:00PM when we started. I started well but did not hold the pace finishing in a respectable 23:30.

The conversation with the group after the race made it a good night.

Now the long run on Sunday at Falmouth. The weather is supposed to be hot/humid again. Oh well, since it is my first time there, anything I do will be a PR so we'll take it easy and see what happens.

Have a good run...