Thursday, September 15, 2005

Ready for darkness, not

I almost ran tonight. I say almost because it was just that. Actually had my shoes on and was heading out the door. The knee tweaked oddly as I went down the steps inside the garage and then a rush of thoughts came and reversed the decision to run.

Why push it two days before a race?
If you want to run Sunday, then that would be four days this week, not three!
If the knee is bothersome, take care.

But it really came down to the fact that it was dark out.
Yes, and I frankly am just not ready for it.

I was okay running Tuesday and all the other nights recently as I had already started and it got darker as the sun set and the work out continued. But tonight, I would have started to run in the dark. I wimped out. Okay, that's one way of putting it.

The other way is that it would be four days this week... yes, that's better... the three day plan rules...

If you need a refresher on the rules for running in the dark, you can follow this link.