Sunday, September 25, 2005

Sub 40 morning

Yes, it was below 40 degrees (F) this morning here in Franklin. What gives? This is still September. It's bad enough that the darkness is rapidly upon us. Now the decision on how to dress for the cold is here too!

I opted for a long sleeve cotton top and a short sleeve t-shirt as well with my normal nylon shorts (really briefs as my wife would say!).

It was cold starting but by 1 1/2 miles we were warmed up. My hands felt normal. A little colder and I would have pulled out my glittens and considered tights. But it is too early for that!

There were four of us this morning tackling the Pacer 10 mile course. We started slow to help warm up and after reaching the half way point started picking up the pace. For clarification, slow was about 9 minute miles, and the pick-up went to about 8:30's.

The dew hanging over Beaver Pond was awesome.

The sun peaking above the trees on Washington St was almost blinding for the minute or so we headed into it before turning into the shade on Jefferson St.

It felt good to run without dripping sweat.

I felt good overall finishing the 10 miles in a minute better time than last week.

It was a nice run.

Thanks for the conversation and inspiration buddies!