Tuesday, March 24, 2009

In the groove now

Thanks to a quick stop at the Dunkin Donuts on RT 140, to give an additional meaning to "America Runs on Dunkin", I had a good run this morning.

It was cool and breezy but I managed to head into the breeze for the first mile or so. It was tough to start as I was cold starting and it was a cold breeze but as I warmed up I got closer to the turning point and once the wind was behind me, it felt so much better.

Just after two miles, I realized I wasn't going to make it without a pit stop. Fortunately, Dunkin Donuts had a location along my route today. The bathroom was open so I was in and out quickly. I did turn a few heads with my running stuff on but hey, it's morning. They hadn't had their coffee yet so they may forget about it.

I had estimated the route to be about 4.5 miles. When I mapped it out with MapMyRun, it turned out to be 5. Nice.

It feels good to be back in the groove. The run wasn't taxing. I will be able to get into the real three day workouts according to the FIRST Plan. Today will count as my tempo run. I'll do some track work on Thursday. Then the distance run on Sunday. Two days of light weight work and some walking on one or more days will complete the routine.