Sunday, June 19, 2005

10 miles is easy in this weather

Yes, nice today in New England. 48 degrees as I head out the door this morning to join the Pacers for the 10 mile run today. Last week it was already 79 and humid at this time. Oh, it was so much easier to run today.

Now, the 10 miler was still work but it was worth it. Good pacing overall, I even felt I could pick it up a bit for the finish. This caps a 25 mile week, including Thursday's pub run, yesterday's race (3rd overall 5K time). Into a new groove running wise. A few weeks of these 10 milers will pay off in dropping down a notch on the pace chart as my strength builds and I can hold the race pace longer.

My thanks to the Pacer buddies who came out to run today and especially those who did the 10 to keep me company.

Keep on running!