Sunday, June 26, 2005

Another warm day, another milestone

Yes, 70 degrees at 6:30 AM. Not a good thing for a long run today. Oh well.

I felt good for the first 7, then lost contact with the pack and slowed pace but hung on to finish the 10 mile run scheduled for today. The small water bottle I carried with me provided some refreshment, wetting my whistle, and some cooled my head. I switched hands carrying it to help concentrate on stride and rhythm. It gradually lost weight and was easier to carry as the miles clicked away.

As I drove home from our rendezvous point I noticed some things in the neighborhood that I did not see as I was coming through to finish. In particular, a new lawn got sprayed with that green stuff that will spout grass seed in a couple of days. Some of the spray came right out across the sidewalk into the road, and it either happened after I passed, or I guess I was really focusing on the finish and not being observant of the changes in the neighborhood. Hard to miss.

This week's mileage tallies out for over 500 miles for the year to date. At this rate, a plus 1000 mile year is very possible.

May the roads/trails be kind to you!