Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Good Hill Workout Summary

Active.com has a good hill workout summary at this link.

I missed the weekly hill workout with the Pacers this week. My wife and I went to see James Taylor in concert at the Tweeter Center. I managed to get up early and get in a three mile run before catching the train to head to work in Boston. So it was not a "lost" running day.

Our workout is fairly repetitive but open for varying speeds and efforts. I have found another location that has a good one mile loop with a nice up and down hill portion. This loop would make for some good workouts over the one mile distance. As folks get into marathon training mode, this would be a good alternative.

The advantage our current location has is the two sides of the hill (one shorter, one longer than the other) is good for the group. We can do each side at our pace, gather at the top and recover down together to share the reinforcement and encouragement we all need to make it back up again.