Sunday, May 14, 2006

Rainy run

Good run today. Knew I was going to get wet. It was unavoidable. Just accepted it. Avoided most puddles until the last stretch when it didn't much matter. Then you can become a kid again.

Splish, splash, I was running along...

Choose not to hang around at the Sunday Pacer meeting place for coffee, etc. The one Pacer buddy I ran with left as well. Thoughts of a hot shower or soaking in the tub dancing in our heads, we drove away.

I went with the shower to warm up. With dry clothes on and feeling warm, I stopped to do my stretching before eating breakfast and then sitting to read the paper.

A Mother's Day gathering with Dolores' family to look forward to this afternoon. We pick up her parents and then head to her sister's house down in RI. According to the radar, they are not getting as much rain as we are. Franklin has been on the edge of the swirl as the storm hovers around Boston. We have had periods of mist (like our walk yesterday morning) and then periods of drenching rain (like most of the run this morning). Such is New England weather! But I'll take this variety over most of the other patterns I have seen and heard of around these United States, thank you.

If you do run today, enjoy it.
Splash in a few puddles towards the end of the run.
Take the moment or two to be a kid again.

There is too much work in the world to not play when you get a chance!

May the roads/trails be kind to you!


Technorati Tags : , , ,