Monday, January 08, 2007

Franklin Area - Beginning Runners

If this new year, you made a resolution to start running, then there is no time like the present to do so. I can help by providing some guidance and company as you begin to run.

I am coming back from a 4-month layoff. I will be running slowly. I will be running three days a week.

Yes, three days is sufficient training when one includes some pace work, one does some tempo work and one does some distance. Now, starting out at the bottom, only a single mile at a time, we won't worry about the different workouts until we build a base level of fitness. For me, that means you should be able to run about 3-4 miles comfortably. And no, I don't expect that will happen over night.

My current schedule is laid out here. You are welcome to join me. The times and locations of our runs can be found on the Norfolk County Pacers web site.

Drop me a line or comment so I will know to look for you.

May the roads/trails be kind to you.

powered by performancing firefox