Monday, September 25, 2006

Wil - Just wasn't her day

From Wil writing at Through th3 Wall about her DNF at the Wisconsin Ironman. As I read of her progress and preparations, she was ready for everything but the extreme weather conditions that occured on the day of the event. And so after all that, it just wasn't her day.
Moving on, I think what’s next must come with age and experience, which is also ironic because you’d think the older and wiser you got, the braver and more fearless you’d be. But you know, I think it’s the opposite. I think if you manage to find yourself on the right track somehow, sans a slew of overcompensation... the more you know, the more you have to question and even fear, and the more you need people to steady you from time to time. I suppose this is where I found myself when my invincible youth started maturing.
Be sure to read her recap in order starting here
It will take a while to read her recap but it is worth it.
 
One DNF does not make her anything less than the quite accomplished woman, mother, teacher, tri-athlete she is. You can do it, Wil!
 
 
 
 
Powered By Qumana