Sunday, July 16, 2006

504 Miles


Recent Running Chart
Originally uploaded by shersteve.

Peter, Paul and Mary would sing

If you miss the train I'm on, you will know that I am gone
You can hear the whistle blow a hundred miles,
A hundred miles, a hundred miles, a hundred miles, a hundred miles,
You can hear the whistle blow a hundred miles.

Lord I'm one, lord I'm two, lord I'm three, lord I'm four,
Lord I'm 500 miles from my home.

I am at home but the miles I have run year to date total 504 in 80 days of running. Normally three days a week, I am slightly behind plan to get to 1000 miles this year but if I continue to run healthy, I may still make it.

Ran 7 today with two Pacer buddies. It was hot and humid. Good thing we started early (7:30 AM) trying to do the same thing later would be harder. I like to have fun when I run. Running in this kind of heat is not fun.

Ran well enough to have something let to pick it up for the last half mile and close with a good finish. Still working on fluid replenishment. A small Dunkin Donut's "Strawberry Fruit Coolatta" got me some cold liquid with plenty of sweetness (290 calories for those counting).

The new Dunkin ad campaign could be an intro to get them to help sponsor the club: "America Runs on Dunkin".


Technorati Tags : , , , , ,