Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Long run down Long Grove

A E Stevenson High School in Lincolnshire was the destination for my run Sunday. Starting from my brother's house in Deer Park, I headed out Long Grove to Route 83 up to Altipaca and then along to Prairie turning left on Route 22. It was only a short way along 22 to the high school field. MapMyRun helped to calculate it out at 8.85 miles. I rounded it to 9 for my running log.

My nephew was scheduled to pitch for his Barrington American Legion Post 158 team. They were picking up the game that was halted by a thunderstorm the day before. He pitched the last 4 innings and was throwing well. Unfortunately, the other team managed to connect a couple of times to "hit 'em where they ain't" and eke out a 5-4 win with a 2 run rally in the bottom of the ninth.

So the run was memorable in many ways for me:
  • It was a point to point course in different terrain.
  • I saw many cyclists but only one other runner during the run.
  • I managed to get my long run in and get to the game without disturbing the rest of the schedule.
  • I got to a historical site of sorts; A E Stevenson was named for Adlai Stevenson, the noted statesmen from Illinois.


Technorati Tags : , , ,