Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Half mile workout

I was running alone tonight so I opted not to do the hills but take advantage of no snow on the track to do some half mile interval work out there for a change.
 
It was dark on the track, no lights but those cast towards us from the middle school near by. A few clouds overhead but mostly stars in the sky. Too bad it wasn't a full moon.
 
Running in the dark was good. I was able to concentrate on pace and breathing. I have not thought about my breathing much. It just happens. Since my stride and rhythm seemed to be doing well, I decided to take note of my breathing pattern. For awhile I was able to. Kept drifting off to think about other things, could not stay with the breathing for too long.
 
Mile warm up, mile warm down, four times half mile with a quarter mile jog between. Clocked them at 3:35, 3:28, 3:32, and 3:34. Felt good. The second one felt fast; the breathing was heavier. After that I concentrated on keeping the pace steady and the third worked out perfectly even at 1:46, 1:46.
 
May the road/trail be kind to you!
 
 
Technorati Tags : , , ,
Powered By Qumana