Sunday, March 05, 2006

Map Comparison

If you have visited here previously, you may be aware that there are at least five different sites that all you to map your run. All five are mashups of Google maps. While all five are based upon Google there are significant differences in how you do the mapping and what the output is. I have played with the five thus far and have my likes and dislikes. I think it would be a good idea to try and do a comparison of these sites with your input.
 
What do I need to do?
Try each site. Map a short run (1-5 miles) and a long run (6-26 miles). See how it works for you.
 
When do we do this?
You can start now. I think two weeks should be sufficient time to do the mapping for the two runs (short and long) on each site.
 
How do we provide our input?
I'll provide a set of questions to answer and a scale for you to rate each site.
 
I'll the questions and scale posted by Wednesday March 8th.
 
You send your input back by Sunday March 19th.
 
You can email the input back to me at shersteve_@_gmail_dot_com. I'll compile your input along with mine and publish it before the end of March.
 
All those who provide input will receive recognition.
 
What are the five sites?
 
 
Have fun mapping your routes! Keep notes as you do and we'll share them here.
 
 
PS - There is a blog devoted to Google Maps, check it out here.
 
 
Technorati Tags : , , , ,
Powered By Qumana